Community Resource Center (CRC – formerly the Hispanic Resource Center)
The CRC provides free services in the following areas:
- Assistance with housing, rent arrears, food, and social services eligibility
Mediation between tenants and landlords
Translations / forms completion
Referrals to partner agencies for health, legal and immigration services
Advocacy and counseling for victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault
- Finding a job
- OSHA Accreditation programs.
- Assist in resume preparation.
- Facilitate employer/worker negotiation
- Recover unpaid wages for workers.
- ESL—various levels available in the mornings and evenings.
- Computer Classes—various levels available in the mornings, evenings, and Saturdays.
- Plazas Comunitarias– Spanish literacy classes for adult students completing their elementary and middle school education. Classes available in the mornings, evenings, and Saturdays.
- Workforce Development Trainings in domestic workers training–including babysitting and housekeeping, construction, and restaurant industries.
- OSHA ten-hour Certification
- Youth Leadership/Civic Education explored through photography and film for youth ages 12-18.
- Women’s Support Group through Voz y Vida
- Mommy and Me—parenting program targeting young mothers. JW Tumbles gym available for childcare.
- Healthy Fridays—health discussions, presentations, and screenings once a month.
From the website: CRC aims to “provide the tools to prepare new immigrant families to become self-sufficient and active members of the community. … We provide …Case management / social services; Educational programs and workshops; and Worker Center -job placement for men and women seeking employment.”
Hispanic Resource Center (HRC)
134 Center Ave
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
For social services, contact Janet Rolon, Senior Case Manager at 914-835-1512.
For educational programs, contact Jirandy Martinez, Programs Coordinator at 914-835-1512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Worker Center hours
Monday to Friday 7:00 – 3:00p.m.
Saturday 7:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Email: hireworkers@crcny .org
Hours of operation
M 9-7, T-F 9-5