My Sister’s Place – Administrative Offices
My Sister’s Place offers a 24 hour hotline 800 298 SAFE, as well as the services listed below:
- Shelter, providing a safe refuge in crisis for women and children who are fleeing an abusive partner. The shelter is a home-like environment, with women and their children living together. Shelter includes 3 meals a day, counseling, support groups, assistance in finding housing and accessing public benefits, advocacy, legal services, children’s counseling, parenting assistance, and a children’s program of homework help and after-school activities.
- Community-based individual counseling. Individual counseling is provided at various locations in the community for those women who are not in shelter. Counseling can take place in diverse locations wherever it is safe and convenient for the woman.
- Support groups. These supportive and healing groups meet once a week in 10 different towns throughout the county, in confidential and convenient locations. Support groups provide information about abusive relationships and draw upon the strength and experience of others going through similar experiences. We have established specialized support groups for Latina, Jewish, Japanese, lesbian, and Arabic women.
- Life Skills Program. This 8 week program helps renew the skills in banking and budgeting, housing, legal rights and responsibilities, health issues, and parenting.
- Legal Center. Provides advice and court representation to victims of domestic violence on their family law and matrimonial matters to help them secure a safer, more just, legal result for themselves and their children. Services are provided in both English and Spanish.
My Sisters’ Place White Plains Administrative Office
One Water Street
White Plains, NY 10601
My Sisters’ Place Yonkers Administrative Office
Hours of operation
24 hour hotline 800 298 SAFE