If you are in immediate danger, call 911 or your local police department. A complete list of emergency numbers is located here. Also, remember that if you are searching the Internet from a home computer, the sites you visit can be tracked in your search history; you may prefer to use a public computer or delete your search history.
The Department of Social Services (DSS) has a dedicated team to assist those experiencing domestic violence in connecting with essential services. Call (914) 995-6267 (available M-F, 9:30-5:30).
Below is a list of agencies with 24 hour hotlines; these groups can also help get you a secure shelter placement and other services – for you and your children.
- My Sister’s Place: 800 298 SAFE
- Hope’s Door: 888 438 8700
- Putnam/Northern Westchester Women’s Resource Center: 845 628 2166
- NYS Coalition Against Domestic Violence: English 800 942 6906; Spanish 1-800-942-6908
- Sexual Assault Hotline: 800 656 HOPE