NYS Division of Parole (Certificates of Relief and Good Conduct)

Jump to: Address | Phone | Website | Contact

Some rights are restored over time, such as your right to obtain a professional or trade license and to serve in a public office. To obtain these rights after probation or parole you need to qualify for a Certificate of Relief or a Certificate of Good Conduct; both are issues by the NYS Division of Parole. How you qualify for these depends on the type of crime committed and the amount of time that has passed since you were released.



Mail can be addressed to:

New York State Division of Parole
1220 Washington Ave, Building 2
Albany, New York 12226-2050

See other agencies with locations in:






Work with your parole officer or a case manager to obtain either a Certificate of Relief or Good Conduct.  The application for both is linked here.