Drop-in Centers are for individual adults seeking shelter from the heat or cold when they are open. Many can also connect you to Coordinated Entry System for Temporary Housing.
- Jan Peek Shelter (Co-ed facility) | 200 North Water St., Peekskill | (914) 736-2636 | 24 hrs
- Samaritan House Shelter (Female only facility) – 33 Church St., White Plains – (914) 948-3075 | 24 hrs
- Open Arms Shelter (Male only facility) | 86 East Post Rd., White Plains | (914) 948-5044 | 24 hrs
- Oasis Women’s Annex (Female Only) | 22 E. 1st Street, Mount Vernon | (914) 840-9539 | *
- Oasis Shelter (Co-ed facility) | 19 Washington Ave., New Rochelle | (914) 633-0101| 24 hrs
- YWCA of Yonkers (Male Only) | 10 St. Casimir Avenue, Yonkers | (914) 963-0640 | 24 hrs
- YWCA of Yonkers (Female Only) | 87 S. Broadway, Yonkers | (914) 963-0640 | 24 hrs
- Manor House (Male Only) | 101 N. Broadway, Yonkers | (914) 476-4864 | 24 hrs
*Call to check hours.
Places to Call for Help
- First – a place to go for food, a shower, and laundry….
- Westhab’s Project Connect is a 24/7 drop-in shelter located at 100 North Broadway in Yonkers.
- These organizations provide housing advice and support
- Hope Community Services Homeless Resource Center (HRC) 914-355-5234 – New Rochelle at 50 Washington Avenue – offers day-time counseling services and meals.
- VA National Call Center for Homeless Veterans 877-4AID-VET (877-424-3838). Homeless veterans will be connected with the local VA for immediate assistance.
- Westchester Eviction Prevention Hotline (914) 468-217 for those having trouble paying your rent or being threatened with eviction.
- DSS Emergency Services (914) 995-2099 for families seeking shelter after business hours or on weekends. Additional resources for families in crisis, including issues of domestic violence, are the Westchester County Office for Women (914) 995-3769 or the Family Justice Center (914) 995-1880.