Drop-in Centers are for single individuals seeking shelter.  Counselors may also be available to connect you to needed services.  Most placement in Temporary Housing (Shelters) is coordinated by the Westchester County Department of Social Services (DSS).  For those with a substance abuse history, see Halfway Houses.  See Affordable Housing for information about rentals throughout Westchester. These agencies can also help you apply for subsidized housing and help prevent eviction.